Pages

Jun 19, 2013

Dad's finally on board...

When I first talked about homeschooling to my husband, he was very hesitant. He understood my sentiments about my daughter's previous school (which is his alma mater) but he didn't see homeschooling as the solution to our problem. The whole idea of homeschooling was unimaginable for him.

It took a lot of prayers, patience and understanding before he finally considered. But even then, all he gave was consent. No other support was expected from him. Nevertheless, I was happy. I was happy to know that he trusts and loves me enough to let me decide on what I feel is best for our children.

A year has passed since we started on this journey. A lot of prayers have been said... cries to the heavens that we make it through.  A year has passed and he had a change of heart.

I've seen him become more engage with our activities. He's more willing to take part in our book reading sessions. He joins our toddler in singing, dancing and learning. I've seen the light in his eyes when he was telling me about the book activity that he helped my son with. I see a proud dad.

The other day when we had our relatives come over to the house for some get together, I overheard him tell them that our daughter's been learning Singapore Math for a year now (because our daughter's previous school just introduced SM this year, and since all her cousins are in that school, it's all new to them). A year ago, he didn't even know a thing about it and now he sounds like an expert on the matter. 

Before, when strangers ask where our children study, it was just me who answers. Now, when they ask, he answers them candidly, like it's [homeschool] the most natural thing to do.

God really works in mysterious ways. He has his own ways, his own time. We only need to put our trust in Him. Thank you Lord for finally making Dad on board our homeschool journey. 

Homeschool made us closer as a family. Our homeschool experience taught each of us different things. Thank you Lord for leading us to this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment